Wow this gets really hard after the first two levels. Other than that it's well presented and runs smoothly. I would have liked a few more surprises from the enemy AI.
A downloadable game for Windows
(Real title pending)
Nuclear Moss is a fast-paced twin-stick style shooter. The current demo could be described as a vertical slice of what is to come should I continue with the project. It currently
- Six different characters (not in looks though), each with their own stats, attacks and abilities. You'll also need to unlock half of them!
- Six different enemy types with a few sub-types. Yes, they're all re-colors of the same sprite.
- A world map with what would constitute a "world's" or "zone's" amount of content.
- A final boss awaiting at the final level. Some characters perform far better against him than others though.
- An unending arcade mode once you're done with the main levels (you'll also have to unlock it). The algorithm will sometimes generate *really* annoying enemy waves.
- Controller (xinput) support at a basically proof-of-concept stage. It's rough, but it works.
- What you think! I'd love some feedback on stuff like: character balance, game performance, enemy behavior, or just about anything else that comes to mind!
Just unzip and run "soulman.exe"